Sunday, October 31, 2010

BOO!

What a Spooktacular day it was yesterday! Busy, busy, busy...trying to get things done a day before Halloween. I received a Halloween apron from one of the swaps I participated in but I wanted to make one of my very own. I found the perfect fabrics for my apron and as an added bonus, I found a fabulous $1.00 find at Target...
It's the Great Pumpkin!
I love my Snoopy coffee mug. I'm a huge Peanuts fan! I was torn between what fabric to use as the skirt and which to use as the ties and ruffle. I liked both fabrics, so I decided to make a double sided apron. This is the first time that I've done a double sided apron and a new pattern. I'm slowly easing myself to trying new patterns. (By the way, I received my new apron swap partner for the Christmas Apron Swap and she wants a full apron. I'm nervous about this one but I'm looking forward to trying this new pattern. I'll be working on that one soon!) Okay, so back to my Halloween apron...this one took me a little longer to put together since I had to do doubles of everything. And I was reading the pattern instructions since I wanted this apron to turn out great and that added more time to my sewing.

And this was the final result of one side of the apron...
Spider Web view.
And the other side...
Boo! view.
And since I had planned a Getting Ready for Halloween day with my kids, we started baking mini cupcakes. I'm obsessed with making these delicious mini cupcakes! They are so yummy and it's so hard to just eat one...

I managed to take this pic before they were all gone!
I saved some of these cupcakes for my coworkers to take for Halloween. And I'm planning on wearing my Halloween apron to work.

My kids and I took breaks through out our busy day by doing Karaoke! Now that the cupcakes were done, the next thing on our agenda was carving our pumpkin...
Lights on & candle lit...
Here's a better look...
Lights off & candle lit.
I rinsed the pumpkin seeds, dried them to got them ready to fry. Yes, fry! I've done the toasting in the oven and I've burnt them a few times before. A few years back, someone told me to try frying them. What? Really? And so I tried it and was happy with the turn out. I didn't burn them and they had great flavor.

Apron, done...cupcakes, done...karaoke, not done...pumpkin, done...still karaoking...pumpkin seeds, done...one last karaoke round for the night...

And to end our night, the day before Halloween, we all got into our cozy pj's, made popcorn and watched Scared Shrekless! A perfect way to end our Getting Ready for Halloween day...


Happy Halloween!

2 comments:

retrorevival.biz said...

Cute apron! I'm glad I found you (through your comment on MY blog - www.RetroRevivalBiz.blogspot.com). I'm looking forward to following you:) Have a great day!

~Xo said...

Thanks for the comment & follow! You also have a great day, Retro Revival!