Thursday, October 7, 2010

Rainy Day

At the beginning of this week it was raining cats and dogs...it was starting to feel like fall but now we're heading to summer temperatures once again! That's Southern California weather for you...Well, being that I don't enjoy driving in the rain, I had to resort to looking through my fabric stash and see what I could come up with. It was perfect weather for sewing. Aaaahhhh, the kids at school, a fresh cup of coffee, my second BFF aka my sewing machine (coffee is my #1, but I'm sure you knew that already!) and fabric ready to be transformed into an apron.


The household chores were done and finally I had time for myself. I came up with this apron which I called Rainy Day because it was perfect for Rainy Day Schedule, well it applies to the kids mostly but it somewhat applies to me too...with that said here's what I came up with...
Rainy Day apron. Has fun activities to do with the kiddos on rainy days...
Tic-Tac-Toe, Connect the Dots, Coloring, etc.
And since it was raining these past few days, soup was pretty much on our dinner menu this week. I have to admit, I hadn't been cooking during our heat wave so I'd been relying on take out for the most part...so it was nice making homemade soups to warm our bellies...mmmm!

Ooooo, I went fabric shopping today and found some awesome prints! I'm trying a different style of apron this time around, still sticking to making half-aprons though. I'm anxious to see how they turn out. Stay tuned...

No comments: