Thursday, September 23, 2010

Wipes In Disguise

Last week, my brother's girlfriend asked me if I could be creative and disguise some baby wipe containers for a baby shower gift she needed. And of course I said "Sure"! Haven't done it before but there's always a first...so I couldn't just make them and not blog about them...

Baby Wipe Containers in disguise!
 You may notice that I used some of the left-over fabric from a few aprons that I made. I sprayed adhesive on the entire container and placed the fabric on it to cover it completely and smoothed out the bumps. I trimmed the excess fabric and hot-glued colored ribbon around the opening (top & bottom) of the container. I hot-glued a bow using the same colored ribbon and hot-glued a colored rhinestone in the middle of it. I love my hot-glue gun!

They looked adorable! Actually, they looked like Clutch Purses. So now the new Mommy-to-Be will be changing baby diapers with her stylish baby wipe containers...all she has to do is refill them.

Okay, so no aprons here but a great idea for baby shower gifts!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Adorable! You did a great job.