Wednesday, November 27, 2013

National Tie One On Day 2013


It's that time of year again! Thanksgiving is a day away. You know what that means??? Aprons!!! Yeah, it's National Tie One On Day! This year I only did two aprons. But of course, they went to two very special people.

I'm back into sewing and was looking forward to doing this again. Unfortunately, I didn't get around to doing it last year and I wasn't going to let it happen again this year. So with that being said, here are the apron beauties:


Apron 1:
Sonia is a friend which I met at our kids school. She's very sweet and friendly. I admire how ambitious she is. She loves to bake. Cookies are her specialty. Here's one of her creations:
Dia de los Muertos sugar cookie.
She had mentioned to me that she liked full, simple aprons. So I immediately knew she would be receiving an apron from me. I made her a full apron with a baking print. Perfect for her! Check out her Facebook page and LIKE Sonia's Sweets. She's an amazing baking artist!

Apron 2:
Lucy is a Breast Cancer survivor. She underwent chemo this year and was an amazing trooper going through that. She didn't let cancer take over her life. She kept doing Zumba when possible, went to concerts and most importantly, she kept being the strong mom and grandma that she has been. Made her a Pink Ribbon half-apron to show off while cooking. Lucy like you said, "I kicked Cancer's Ass!". You go girl! Much love to you Lucy!

What an awesome feeling again gifting these aprons! Want to know more about this special apron day? Visit National Tie One On Day for more info and to know the meaning behind this day.

Oh, I almost forgot...each apron included a loaf of french bread and a special note that read:

"Without Thy sunshine and Thy rain
We could not have the golden grain;
Without Thy love we'd not be fed;
We thank Thee for our daily bread."
Anonymous

Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments: