Friday, July 1, 2011

Dick and Jane

Storybook Theme
This time around, the Show & Tell theme over at Tie One On was...Storybook! This was a tough one for me. I was so close to not submitting a creation, but I found a classic read by coincidence...Dick and Jane! I've been having my official 1st grader do some summer reading and picked up a few easy readers at the library.

The intent on the Storybook theme was to recreate an apron from a storybook, of course. I found this picture:
Dick & Jane's mom.
I'm embarrassed to say that I didn't put much thought into this theme. I recreated Dick and Jane's moms apron...plain Jane it is:
Plain Jane Apron
Not one of my best submissions, but at least I followed through. My kids are off for the summer and they have kept me SUPER BUSY!!! It's been somewhat hard for me to do some sewing...but I'm enjoying every minute of my kids summer vacation!

No comments: