Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Welcome 2014...


The new year has begun. As I look back to my happenings in 2013, I have absolutely no regrets. Everything that I lived in that year was a life experience and a lesson learned somehow. Things do happen for a reason, whether they are good or bad. I've been through a lot and realized about a month ago that it was more than just me that has been through a lot. My personal life has been kept locked up because of my choosing. And without putting to much thought to it, it's affected the people around me.


As 2014 slowly starts, I will slowly embark in a new journey. My goals, to name a few, for this new year are to re-establish friendships that I have blocked, be more patient and tell myself that it's okay to relax.

One thing that I am proud of that I came to admit towards the end of 2013 was that I needed to seek personal help. Therapy has been my saviour. It has helped me in many ways. I have gotten to know myself better as a person. Now, I can honestly say that I know what I want. And how will I get what I want? By allowing myself to be happy and not worry about things that I have no control over. CONTROL has been a huge part of my life. I've been telling myself that it's okay to not be in total control.

This year will be about me and accomplishing goals. I'm looking forward to going back to school this Spring 2014. Which actually starts by the end of this month! Yikes! My kids are excited and proud of mom for taking that step. My kids are my strength, my guidance, my inspiration, and my everything! Registering for college has given me a boost of confidence as well as the encouragement I've received from a few friends and family.

My mentality and outlook on the things I want to do is completely different this time around. I feel good. I know that no matter what I do or whatever the outcome of things are, that it isn't going to make me any less of a mom, a friend, a daughter or as a person. I will embrace whatever comes my way with my head up and a smile.

2013, you weren't a bad year. It was me that chose for it to not be so good. We have the power to decide what path to take. And the one I'll be taking is to SUCCESS!

Happy New Year!
2014

No comments: